[Openchrome-devel] The TTM branch.

Thomas Hellström thomas
Tue Jan 20 12:47:39 PST 2009

It should now be possible to run the TTM branch of the openchrome
driver, although I've seen problems with the EXA module of the Xorg-1.6
branch. I'll see if I can fix those. It's a bit crucial, since XAA has
been stripped.

Caveats:

    * Must run with DRM installed.
    * XvMC not working yet.

You need:

    * Linux kernel 2.6.27 or 2.6.28 (2.6.26 may work as well).
    * Xserver 1.4 - 1.5. If you want to run the 3D driver, I think
      you'll need at least 1.5.

Components in install order.

    * drm and libdrm (git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm) -
      branch modesetting-newttm.
    * libwsbm (git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/libwsbm) - branch
      master
    * openchrome (http://svn.openchrome.org/svn/branches/ttm_branch) -
      branch ttm_branch
    * mesa (git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa) - branch
      openchrome_branch

I'll be working a little on my spare time on this. The plan is to

   1. Fix EXA problems
   2. Get XvMC working again.
   3. Merge with trunk to get the latest modesetting / cursor bits.
   4. Fix the 2D driver so it will run without DRM
   5. Start merging in VIAs Chrome 9 bits into the new DRM.

/Thomas