[Openchrome-devel] [PATCH] Fix new modesetting on P4M890
Tue Jul 7 03:11:03 PDT 2009
This is fix for bug #309: http://www.openchrome.org/trac/ticket/309
which is regression after RandR branch merge.
I compared all registers operations between legacy code and new code
and found important difference. Posted patch copies lacking register
operation from legacy to new modesetting code.
It fixes mode switching on my P4M890: I made a lot of xrandr
resolutions switches without problem. However I have no idea if this
won't cause any problems on other chipsets. For me it looks pretty
safe, even more as it was used for quite a long time in pre-merge
I've to complain about sth :) Using vgaHWPtr is real pain for
debugging. I had to make wrapper for all registers operations to print
them in log.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 466 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://wiki.openchrome.org/pipermail/openchrome-devel/attachments/20090707/024e492e/fix.P4M890.modesetting.obj
More information about the Openchrome-devel