[Openchrome-devel] Chrome9

Rafał Miłecki zajec5
Wed Jun 17 13:28:34 PDT 2009

2009/6/17 Varol Okan <varokan at movingsatellites.com>:
> I was just curious about the state of Chrome9 support.
>
> I would love to finally get 3D acceleration to work on my HP2133. Is
> there anything that can be done to achieve this feat ?
>
> Varol :)

For 3D you need:
1) Mesa driver
2) DRM module
3) Very single bits in DDX (you can ignore that)

Currently we have only old "via" DRM module supporting Chrome 9. This
is old, buggy and poor in features module.There is new (better) one
DRM module "openchrome" on the way but without Chrome 9 support.

And of course there is no sign of Mesa 3D driver for Chrome 9. Once
again you can see VIA only gives promises, nothing more than that.

--
Rafa? Mi?ecki