[Openchrome-devel] Tweaking for the m704

Don Cupp doncuppjr
Thu May 21 23:53:58 PDT 2009

This is a little borderline. I'm not really a dev, but I'm not doing anything standard user here either. I need to make a few tweaks to the openchrome driver to support the m704 a little better.
During X11 init, the current svn release of the driver detects that my panel is 1280x768. It looks like it's getting that information form scratchpad. I don't see that it pulles anything meaningfull from DDC. The actual resolution of the LCD in the m704 is 1024x600. Looking through the via_modes.h file, I can see this res a couple of times, but it is never defined.I tried adding a few lines into the via_modes.h file, but that just crashed the compile with a message about 'undeclared here (not in a funtion)' , so I'm guessing this a little more complicated than originally expected.
Any help in getting this resolved is greatly appreciated.
Additionally, has anyone considered adding a dependancy check for mesa-common-dev to the autogen.sh script? It would really help to avoid that nasty error that does not show up until after you run make.?