[Openchrome-devel] Need for a new release before xorg 7.5

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton
Sun Oct 4 06:05:07 PDT 2009

2009/10/4 Xavier Bachelot <xavier at bachelot.org>

> Rafa? Mi?ecki wrote:
> > W dniu 4 pa?dziernika 2009 11:38 u?ytkownik Xavier Bachelot
> > <xavier at bachelot.org> napisa?:
> >> I'm afraid we don't have 2 weeks. xorg 7.5 is planned for next
> >> friday/saturday, so if we want to be in the official katamari, we have
> >> to meet this deadline. I knew xorg 7.5 was nearing since some time
> >> already, I should really have posted this mail much earlier.
> >
> > What about our own deadline: next Wednesday? I would like to give my
> > card some last tests to make 100% sure it works fine. Also I still
> > think about some patch for legacy modesetting.
> >
> Wednesday looks fine. It'll give me a bit of time for a last round of
> tests and the actual release work (tarball, push to openchrome and xorg
> and post the announce mails) on Thursday.

Hey everyone,

Sorry to be commng in so late on the conversation.  I have been busy getting
ready for the gnome-shell 2.28 release happening on Monday.  After that I
will shift all my focus to working on openchrome until Wed. for a release.

I think the most important thing would be to make a shout out to the
openchrome-users and see if we can round up testers for as much of the
different chipsets as possble.  For xorg 7.5 testing I can spin LXDE rawhide
images and make them available.

Jon