[Openchrome-devel] Need for a new release before xorg 7.5

Bartosz gang65
Mon Oct 5 03:48:24 PDT 2009

Hi all.
I have already made few test for newModeSetting/panel support for chipsets:
KM400, K8M800 etc.

More information is available at the Ubuntu Lunchpad Openchrome pages:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-openchrome/+bug/186103
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-openchrome/+bug/353208

All tests freeze computer.

By the way. For what is following validation lines in via_mode.c (in
ViaPanelGetIndex function:

    if ((mode->PrivSize != sizeof(struct ViaModePriv))
        || (mode->Private != (void *)&ViaPanelPrivate)) {
        xf86DrvMsg(pScrn->scrnIndex, X_INFO,
                   "ViaPanelGetIndex: Mode not supported by Panel.\n");
        return FALSE;
    }

It makes that panels (on chipset with old modesetting) is not working
properly supported.
After remove that lines all works properly. I have seen several bugs of that
type (I must only find links to it), and in all the solution was remove this
lines.

Last time I found again this bug type:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-openchrome/+bug/367442

Best Regards
Bartosz

W dniu 4 pa?dziernika 2009 23:41 u?ytkownik Rafa? Mi?ecki
<zajec5 at gmail.com>napisa?: