[Openchrome-devel] Need for a new release before xorg 7.5

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Oct 7 17:10:18 PDT 2009

Rafa? Mi?ecki wrote:
> What do you think about xorg.conf option for forcing UseLegacyModeSwitch?
>
> Thanks to Ubuntu we got some testing, but still new users may discover
> problems after update from 0.2.903 to 0.2.904. It would be easier to
> ask them to add option to xorg.conf than get, modify and recompile
> code.

I verified this works as expected on my VX800 (although the machine
freeze with legacy code). What do people think, shall I include this in
the release ?

I spend a bit of time preparing the release and testing on the machines
I have available. Eerything looks fine to me. There are known bugs but
no major regression since 0.2.903. Anyone has any blocker to report ? If
anything breaks too badly, we can still fix it and make another release,
the main point of this one is to be compatible and included with Xorg 7.5.

Regards,
Xavier