[Openchrome-devel] unichrome DRI driver about to be removed from Mesa

James Simmons jsimmons
Thu Aug 25 10:33:28 PDT 2011

> Hi,
>
> Subject says it all.
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2011-August/010959.html

Thankfully we have git to be able to retrieve the old code for a
reference. The mesa driver is pretty broken to the point of knocking me
out of my desktop sessions. Its what got me started on the OpenChrome
work :-) Sounds like Gallium is going to be changing again. Well I hope
those changes are done after I finish the port of the xorg driver to
RandR. Once that is done I like to have a Gallium port to the xorg driver.
No point in writing a Gallium and ddx driver at the same time.