[Openchrome-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New register dumper

James Simmons jsimmons
Fri Dec 2 09:38:45 PST 2011

> Well, I've got the dumps. Also, I tried starting lightdm from ssh both with KMS and with standard X.org driver, and with KMS I've got some warnings, which I
> copied to a text file (they didn't stop appearing, even when the screen in the Unichrome box freezed, and as they're pretty similar between them, I stopped
> execution to follow up with testing) and it's attached with the other logs.

Looked at your logs over my vacation. Its not your mode setting going
bad. What I noticed was that you are using the drm-openchrome kernel so I
gave it a try and it locked up my box. As you probable seen I have merged
a new buffer manager abstraction layer to the xorg driver. Currently it
supports non accel mode and DRI1 apis but it can also hook in the GEM
apis. This weekend I plan to polish the buffer manager some more and test
some GEM code with it.I will post a message when it is ready.