[Openchrome-devel] Early TTM patch

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Tue Jan 18 17:20:38 PST 2011

Hi James,

On 01/17/2011 09:18 PM, James Simmons wrote:

> Okay folks brace yourselves. I managed to hook the current DRM kernel apis
> with a TTM/GEM backend. The UMS xorg servers appears to run fine. Now it
> is far from perfect. Currently you can't unload the module without a
> oops but so far that is the only problem I have seen. But other than that
> it runs!!! Since I don't have a freedesktop account yet I posted my patch
> at
>
> http://www.infradead.org/~jsimmons/via-ttm.diff
>
> This patch is against the drm-next branch. Give it a try with the KMS xorg
> branch and let me know how it works. While you test that I'm going to put
> some gem test together to exercise the driver.

Testing on a VX900 laptop with drm-next + your patch + 2 others patches.
One adds some Chrome9 pciids (patch 2), the other adds a fix from VIA
for the command verifier that is needed for the hardware mpeg decoder
from the xvmc-dev branch (patch 1). This should not interfere with your
TTM work.

At first, it didn't know about the chipset, and failed to probe the
VRAM. See attached file oops. It's a bit better with patch 3, but it
still fails because of lack of AGP support. See attached file oops2.

X is still working fine though, and there's nothing unusual in the Xorg log.

I guess that's all for this laptop and both my VX800 and VX855 will
suffer from the same issue, so I'll need to try with the CLE266 and
KM400, but this may take a bit more time.

Regards,
Xavier