[Openchrome-devel] Status as of July 12

James Simmons jsimmons
Tue Jul 12 07:37:38 PDT 2011

Hello fellow testers.

	Time for a update on the Openchrome work. Expanded the VGA/analog
support for the CX700M models that have two VGA ports. Also fixed a long
outstanding bug on unloading and reloading the kernel module. With the
laptop VIA donated I discovered a few bugs in the handling of the second
IGA PLL which was locking up the system. With those fixes I managed to
have LVDS now detected and almost functioning on the second IGA. Currently
the screen is blank but I working on it. I also have some early code for
PCIE TTM handling. I just need to setup a area in the VRAM to hold the
GART tables. Both the LVDS and PCIE handling code is not checked in yet
since it is in the alpha stage.