[Openchrome-devel] VIA DRM status

James Simmons jsimmons
Tue Mar 1 07:09:11 PST 2011

Hello!
	Some good news on the VIA DRM work. First of all I like to thank
Daniel Drake for supplying me with a OLPC and working with me to get it
going. In fact I have managed to get my drm kernel driver working on it :-)
The other tidbit is the VIA DRM driver has found a home. It can be
downloaded at

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~jsimmons/drm-openchrome

Of course as with any progress you can get set backs. Currently enabling
mode setting will hose the current xorg driver due to both accessing the
i2c bus at the same time. That can esaily be fixed by having the xorg
driver using the KMS apis in libdrm. Worst yet my driver timesout with
the i2c bus so I don't event get any EDID blocks. I hope to fix this in
the next few weeks, thus have KMS working for the unichrome chipset. More
details are given at

http://captian_rm.livejournal.com/