[Openchrome-devel] Some fixes for VX800 in kms-branch

James Simmons jsimmons
Mon Nov 7 14:31:27 PST 2011

> Am Mittwoch, 2. November 2011, 23:58:09 schrieb James Simmons:
> > > 5. Do not call via_dp_init() in ViaOutputsDetect() for VX800
> > >
> > >    Without this change, Xorg would hang on startup.
> >
> > Fix 5 makes me nervous. Do you have any logs from the
> > crash?
>
> Thank you for applying the other fixes. I upgraded to revision 1021 and
> gathered the Xorg log files for the case with via_dp_init() that leads to a
> Xorg blackscreen (it indeed is not a crash or hang, just a black screen). I
> also added the Fix 5 for a working Xorg and gathered this log file. Both log
> files are attached.

I see what the problem is. You have a LVDS that has EDID information that
is gathered on the second I2C bus. That I2C bus is also used to test for a
DP which is incorrect. For now we can disable the DP since it requires a
more complex fix. Also I preferre if that fix was done in the kernel DRM
driver.