[Openchrome-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New register dumper

James Simmons jsimmons
Thu Nov 10 16:00:39 PST 2011

	For the people who are brave enough to test the kms branch we just
integrated Harald Welte's registers dumper. This useful tool will do a
register dump of the Unichrome chipset for debugging purposes. To use it
all one has to do is at build time add to ./configure --enable-viaregtool.
The application via_regs_dump with be in the tools directory. You must be
root to use the tool.
	The app is very easy to use and if you run it with --help it will
tell you the options avialable. Generally for debugging a general dump,
--dump, will be most useful. For mode setting test --mode and --pll wil
provide the hardware settings we will need for debugging.