[Openchrome-devel] No VGA with r953+

James Simmons jsimmons
Wed Sep 7 08:47:59 PDT 2011

> Hi James,
>
> Starting with r953, the monitor connected to VGA goes blank (no signal)
> when X starts. Please find attached xorg log from r952 and r956.

Thanks to Xavier we tracked down the issue to the legacy mode setting
code. If you turn off legacy mode setting for older devices the xorg
drievr starts to work which brings up the question. Should we drop legacy
mode setting? For now I would just turn it off. If I do this could people
with KM400 and CLE266 hardware test to make sure their are no regressions.
Thank you.