[Openchrome-devel] kms_test results on VX800-based netbook

Svenska svenska-ml
Mon Apr 30 12:37:23 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have a netbook "One A110", same as Quanta IL1 and I flashed it with a
BIOS from the "AIRIS KIRA". It is based on the VX800 chipset and runs
Debian Wheezy, i.e. a linux kernel 3.2.0 and 0.2.904 UMS Openchrome,
which works. The internal LCD has 800x480

I tested both git xf86-video-openchrome and drm-openchrome from 2012-04-28.

Debian Wheezy Kernel (3.2.0)
============================
UMS xf86-video-openchrome 0.3.0 on debian wheezy kernel needs 'Option
"SWCursor" "true"' ('enabled' is not recognized), otherwise the cursor
is random pixels.
Dual-Screen is somewhat broken, it works if LVDS+VGA are both at
position 0x0, otherwise the LVDS shows garbage. The LVDS screen area is
not accessible at all.
"xrandr --panning" does not work. If I set up a size of 1024x480, the
screen does not move, if I select 2048x2048, the complete screen is garbled.
"xrandr --scale" doesn't work either, I only get "xrandr: Configure crtc
1 failed".

Kernel log (dmesg.32) and Xorg log (xorg.32) are attached.

Kernel from kms_branch (3.4rc2)
===============================
The kernel does not do modesetting at all, I only get these errors while
booting:

[drm:via_detect_agp] *ERROR* Failed acquiring AGP device.
[drm:via_driver_load] *ERROR* Failed to allocate AGP

UMS does not come up either, the Xorg log shows

[drm] KMS not enabled

and

(II) CHROME(0): VIAScreenInit
1536000 bytes of DRI2 memory allocated at 40000, handle 1
mmap failed with error -22

Fatal server error:
AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0

Kernel log (dmesg.34rc2) and Xorg log (xorg.34rc2) are attached.

I hope this helps somewhat. If I can do more to help, just tell me. I
don't know much about X programming, but have some C knowledge.

Best regards,
Sebastian