[Openchrome-devel] Code is moving to git on freedesktop.org

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Tue Jan 31 10:12:55 PST 2012

On 01/30/2012 11:14 PM, Julien Viard de Galbert wrote:
> Dear openchrome developers,
>
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 10:14:50PM +0100, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The openchrome Xorg driver subversion repository has been moved to git
>> on freedesktop.org.
>> All the history, branches and tags have been kept.
>>
>>   From now on, please use the following command to checkout the code :
>> git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/openchrome/xf86-video-openchrome
>>
>> The openchrome DRM tree has moved too.
>> Please use the following command to checkout the code :
>> git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/openchrome/drm-openchrome
>>
>> Both repositories can be browsed here :
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/openchrome
>>
>> I'll be updating the wiki in the next days.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Xavier
>
> Switching to git is a good news, the other day you were talking about
> doing a release (for a packaging that was not using svn snapshot if I
> remember well).
> I'm thinking that a new release could also help the versioning of debian
> packages, today it is: 0.2.904+svn920 where 0.2.904 is the release and
> 920 the svn snapshot revision.
> If the release changes, this would allow to go for any valid numbering
> for the git snapshots. But if it does not change I must find somthing
> that will be grater than +svn920.
> For instance ++git20120130 or +xgit20120130 but not +git20120130
> (as g<  s).
>
> In other words, a new release would help my motivation to switch to git
> :)

Sorry, real life took a lot of my free time lately and delayed the
release. There are still a couple things I'd like to test before a
release, but I promise I get to it real soon now.

Anyway, there was only one relevant commit (I420 Xv surface support) in
git master since the move, so packaging the svn tree is more or less the
same.

> Best Regards,
>
> Julien VdG
>
> P.S.: My via motherboard died, so if any debian user is reading this and
> would like to learn, there is a package that needs help from you :)

Sorry to hear that.
I got myself a used CN400 for 20? on some auction site lately. Maybe you
could try to find a cheap board too if you want to keep helping with the
project ?

Regards,
Xavier