[Openchrome-devel] 0.3.0-pre20120302 snapshot (was: Fix autoconf DRI detection (for Ubuntu Oneiric))

Natanael Copa ncopa
Mon Mar 5 13:28:00 PST 2012

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 19:09:38 +0000 (GMT)
James Simmons <jsimmons at infradead.org> wrote:

> > On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 01:49:07 +0000 (GMT)
> > James Simmons <jsimmons at infradead.org> wrote:
> >

> > > Also nice :-) I have a new snapshot.
> > >
> > > http://www.infradead.org/~jsimmons/xf86-video-openchrome-0.3.0-pre20120301.tbz
> >
> > Not Found
> >
> > The requested
> > URL /~jsimmons/xf86-video-openchrome-0.3.0-pre20120301.tbz was not
> > found on this server.
>
> Foudn a bug for which I had to do another update.
>
> http://www.infradead.org/~jsimmons/xf86-video-openchrome-0.3.0-pre20120302.tbz
>
> Give it a try now.

Very nice! It works!

It is still painfully slow though, compared to the 0.2.x version. It is
on the limit of usable but I do have high requirements for "usable".

The regression I previously reported are still there:
http://wiki.openchrome.org/pipermail/openchrome-devel/2011-September/000578.html

I did noticed, that this happens only when I have compositing enabled
in XFCE. If I disable compositing it works.

I also wonder if it would be an idea to get the kernel part into
staging area in kernel. Then it might be possible to push it out for
testing earlier. If not, is it easy to backport it to some of the
current kernels?

Thanks!

-nc