[Openchrome-devel] 答复: Standardizing DRM / KMS development platform for drm-openchrome

HuangRan huangranbj at 126.com
Fri Apr 8 08:10:18 UTC 2016

As Kevin mentioned, I am now using Ubuntu 12.04 32 bits LTS for my KMS/UMS openchrome env. It works fine.
And for KMS, current kernel is 3.19 in drm-openchrome. Actually it is fine to use any Linux distribution OS(Fedora, Ubuntu) for KMS development. Before I have used Fedora 17/19 for RADEON KMS driver development. So that is not an issue except your OS is too old, such as Ubuntu 10.04 or so.
And I suggest to create a branch in current drm-openchrome(https://cgit.freedesktop.org/openchrome/drm-openchrome/), maybe we can call the branch "drm-next". And then we can begin the work to make VIA's DRM module supported in latest kernel as Mario mentioned, at the same time, bug fix patches can be committed to current master.  When VIA's DRM module can be supported in latest kernel, we can merge it to master. Then VIA's code can be merged into mainstream linux kernel as soon as possible.
Let me know what's your thought with my suggestion.

Thanks,
Frank