[Openchrome-devel] Getting ready to release OpenChrome Version 0.3.4

Svenska svenska-ml at arcor.de
Fri Feb 12 21:54:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have access to a Quanta IL1 compatible netbook, which is VX800-based.
It has a 800x480 LCD display and a VGA output.

I can confirm that the display does not come back after suspend (usually
off, sometimes it turns on and fades to white). Also, on my system,
Openchrome does not support dualscreen (not enough Xrandr support).

If you do some VX800-related changes, I could test them.

About KMS... if it is working correctly, then the Modesetting driver
should work fine. What further benefits would the Openchrome X driver
provide on VX800 or newer chipsets? Since 3D and video decoding will
probably never be implemented, a KMS driver with xf86-video-modesetting
alone could work well.

Best Regards,
Sebastian