[Openchrome-devel] [ANNOUNCE] OpenChrome Version 0.5 RC8 released

Kevin Brace kevinbrace at gmx.com
Sun Jul 3 04:03:46 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

OpenChrome is now at Version 0.5 RC8. (Version 0.4.907)
I did several remaining cleanup work before the official release.
At this point, I am not sure I will like to continue the RC testing process since it has gone for much longer than I originally anticipated.
Due to its troubled history, OpenChrome still contains many, many bugs somewhere in the code.
I think the code itself still contains about 2 dozen bugs (24 bugs), and unfortunately, the number has only grown during Version 0.5 development process.
This is due to the fact that when a bug that prevented a feature from working is fixed, more bugs are discovered in the code.
This situation will likely linger for the next few releases.
Anyway, that's where things stand, and I expect remaining known bugs may have to be dealt with during Version 0.6 development cycle.

Regards,

Kevin Brace
OpenChrome Project Maintainer