[Openchrome-devel] [Bug 95059] DVI port failure with external TMDS transimitter for T510/T5555/C90LE thin clients

bugzilla-daemon at freedesktop.org bugzilla-daemon at freedesktop.org
Wed Jun 1 01:11:32 UTC 2016


--- Comment #13 from Kevin Brace <kevinbrace at gmx.com> ---
(In reply to frank from comment #11)

Hi Frank,

> Created attachment 124206 [details]
> Xorg.0.log of V90LE with UMS 0.4.158
> hi,kevin
> thanks for you explaination,I tried the new verison of
> openchrome(0.4.158),you can find it in attachment-Xorg.0.log,and I also
> tried KMS on V90LE,it can work,but I found something weird,the log show as
> below,you can find it in attachment-Xorg.0.log.V90LEW.KMS.DVI.
>     [   149.259] (II) CHROME(0): Output VGA-0 disconnected
>     [   149.259] (II) CHROME(0): Output LVDS-0 connected
> seems it's probed as LVDS,it confused me.

You are using the DRM that supports KMS, right?
I think it is the KMS code that is identifying as LVDS-1.
The rumor is that the original code was donated by VIA Technologies, and James
Simmons did most of the coding.
My view is that LVDS-x should be renamed PANEL-x and DVI-x should be called
Right now, the OpenChrome UMS code has this type of naming problem, and I plan
to fix this down the road.
At this point, I do not plan to fix this at OpenChrome Version 0.5.
Version 0.6 or 0.7 might get the fix.
This naming issue will need to be taken cared fairly soon since RandR is now
working (Version 0.4.158 fixed a fatal regression that broke it several years
ago.), and multi-monitor feature is now working for the most part.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/openchrome-devel/attachments/20160601/ac0185ff/attachment.html>

More information about the Openchrome-devel mailing list