[Openchrome-devel] xf86-video-openchrome: src/via_lvds.c

Benno Schulenberg bensberg at justemail.net
Thu Mar 31 07:51:40 UTC 2016

Hi Kevin,

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016, at 07:55, Kevin Brace wrote:
>  src/via_lvds.c |    8 +++++++-
>  1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
>
> New commits:
> commit b77de4f3c9e43187aff9c1817b24c8a5fba2f883
> Author: Kevin Brace <kevinbrace at gmx.com>
> Date:   Wed Mar 30 22:54:25 2016 -0700
>
>     Modified debug messages within via_lvds_get_modes
>
>     Modified debug messages within via_lvds_get_modes function inside via_lvds.c.

It looks much better when you don't repeat what is in the subject.
The subject line /is/ the entire commit message, when it fits in
one line.  The "body" is used only when the commit needs some
explanation, some rationale, some background.

Saying "inside via_lvds.c" is superfluous; that is what 'git log --stat'
is for.  Personally I would have commited this change with the message
"Modified some debug messages".  When looking through 'git log', that
is enough information: it means one can skip it because there are no
functional changes.

I haven't yet tested latest git.  Will do that this weekend.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Send your email first class