[Openchrome-devel] openchrome 0.6.0 regressions on VX900 laptop

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Thu Mar 16 10:05:04 UTC 2017

Hi Kevin,

On 15/03/2017 04:56, Kevin Brace wrote:
> It appears that 3X5.3B through 3X5.3F contain weird values.
> Why is this?
>
>    3d5.3b = 0x0b (Scratch Pad 2)
>    3d5.3c = 0x00 (Scratch Pad 3)
>    3d5.3d = 0x00 (Scratch Pad 4)
>    3d5.3e = 0x00 (Scratch Pad 5)
>    3d5.3f = 0x00 (Scratch Pad 6)
>
> The log from yesterday prior to applying the patch (Version 2 of the patch) shows the proper values.
>
>    3d5.3b = 0x03 (Scratch Pad 2)
>    3d5.3c = 0x08 (Scratch Pad 3)
>    3d5.3d = 0xa4 (Scratch Pad 4)
>    3d5.3e = 0x00 (Scratch Pad 5)
>    3d5.3f = 0x0a (Scratch Pad 6)

I've seen this happen once yesterday, likely with version 2 of the
patch, but couldn't reproduce, with either version 2 or version 3.
I thought at first it could be related to DPMS, but cannot confirm, as I
couldn't reproduce.
I'll try to keep this point in mind when doing more test, but it doesn't
seem to be very frequent, so probably not that important at the moment.

Regards,
Xavier