[Openchrome-devel] openchrome 0.6.0 regressions on VX900 laptop

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Thu Mar 16 10:17:49 UTC 2017

Hi Kevin,

On 15/03/2017 23:33, Kevin Brace wrote:
> Try this third version of the patch.
> I changed the FP power on / off code to use software controlled method already proven with CX700 / VX700 and VX800 chipsets.

No improvement over patch v2 with patch v3. I haven't collected neither
log nor regs dump though.

I started to poke at register manually after applying v2 the other day,
but no luck. Is there any specific range of registers that are more
likely than others to help ?

Would a picture of the distorted screen, together with a picture of how
it should look like, help ? I don't know how to describe the distortion,
a picture is worth a thousand word :-) The display is compressed in the
top third or half of the screen, and diagonally stretched to the right.
The remaining bottom part of the screen seems like uninitialized memory.
It seems like the framebuffer is using a different horizontal resolution
than the display. Could it be something like wrong "pitch" ?

Regards,
Xavier