[Openchrome-devel] openchrome 0.6.0 regressions on VX900 laptop

Kevin Brace kevinbrace at gmx.com
Mon Mar 20 02:29:03 UTC 2017

Hi Xavier,

These are things I will like to do moving forward.
I will like to commit a few things into the master branch.
They are,

1) Updated mode setting code for VX855 and VX900 chipset
2) Replacing the wrong VIA Panel Index 10 with 1366 x 768
3) Addition of two helper functions

For 1 and 2, I will add your name as "Signed-off-by < . . . >" in order to give you credit.
I hope you can agree to this.
I will not commit the power on / off code for now.
After this is done, then it will be easier to perform experiments with temporarily assigning IGA1 to FP and IGA2 to VGA.
Theoretically, if the code is written correctly, both settings should work fine.
As for my own equipment, OpenChrome Version 0.6 worked fine on ECS VX900-I mainboard when VGA was assigned to IGA1, and I utilized 1680 x 1050 resolution.
After the code commit is done, I will try to assign IGA2 for VGA to see how VX900-I mainboard performs.

Regards,

Kevin Brace
The OpenChrome Project maintainer / developer