[Openchrome-users] problems with via xvmc

userforum@openchrome.org userforum
Tue Dec 6 03:34:47 PST 2005

problems with via xvmc
On an Epia SP1300 I installed Slackware 10.2, upgraded to kernel  2.6.14.3 and grabbed X.org 6.8.99.903.

I then grabbed openchrome svn version (development build, at svn revision  107)
and dri from dri.sourceforge.net.

Having everything installed my X log file looks fine (attached)

I'm using a LCD monitor at 1280x1024.

When using mythtv (svn) frontend and trying to play a HD recorded program  from the back end I get the following error in my X log.

DRM memory allocation failed
(EE) VIA(0): [XvMC] ViaXvMCCreateSurface: Unable to allocate frambuffer memory!

Is this anything anyone has seen before?  Should this set up be working?

I have also attached my xorg.conf in case.  I am willing to try anything here...

Also-  If anyone has questions about getting this set-up this far I can try to provide some help as it has taken me a while to get everything above set up, I've done several install from scratch...

Any help appreciated.