[Openchrome-users] K8N800 64-bit

userforum@openchrome.org userforum
Wed Dec 7 00:53:01 PST 2005

Re: K8N800 64-bit

I've also got a K8N800 laptop, with a Turion 64 running Debian-testing amd64, and I can't make the panel work (just got an blank screen) neither with the openchrome driver nor with the via driver from Xorg cvs tree. It is working now with the vesa driver.

Well, to be honest, it might as well be caused by a bad Xorg build or wrong xorg.conf file, since I'm rather illetarate regarding Xwindows system. However, the log does not report any error, just the following warnings:
(WW) VIA(0): Panel on K8M800, PM800 or VM800 is currently not supported.
(WW) VIA(0): Using VBE to set modes to work around this.
(WW) VIA(0): Bad V_BIOS checksum
and detects a "K8M800" instead of K8N800. Everything else seems ok.