[Openchrome-users] VIA Unichrome graphics functions programming

Thomas Hellström unichrome
Wed Dec 7 15:25:51 PST 2005

Hi!

S! wrote:

> Hello.
> Can you help me?
> I going to write own VIA Unichrome graphics functions for 3D acceleration.
> I need the function which discribes the bringing out-process of
> triangle on the screen with given data
> How do it?
> Can you give me any documentations,  manuals or source code about it.
> Best Regards Sergey.

1) Manuals, You need to request manuals under Non-Disclosure Agreement
from VIA.
2) Source code: Go to http://dri.sourcefourge.net, take a look at Mesa
and its src/mesa/drivers/dri/unichrome subdirectory. Also some help may
be find from the drm kernel sources linux-core/via_verifier.c. I'm
planning to include a very limited 3D functionality in the OpenChrome
driver to be able to use the two texture units for compositing
acceleration, but I'm not sure when that is going to happen.
3) If you want to build your own DRI client to write to the hardware
directly, take a look in the openchrome libxvmc subdirectory. The XvMC
clients do just that.