[Openchrome-users] Fedora Core 5? RHEL/Centos 4.2?

John Robinson john.robinson
Sun Dec 18 17:49:27 PST 2005

On 18/12/2005 16:02, tony wrote:
> Le dimanche 18 d?cembre 2005 ? 14:22 +0000, John Robinson a ?crit :
>> Has anyone tried installing Fedora Core 5 (currently in test)? I think
>> it's got modular X.org, I'd like to know if it works out of the box, on
>> my EPIA M-II (CLE266) board.
>
> I am waiting on test2 before trying. You can imagine my reasons =:-D

I was hoping someone else might be trying with test1 in case there were
updates for unichrome that might be added before test2 and the devel
freeze, but I'd forgotten there was going to be a test3 as well.

>> I'm also contemplating switching to Centos, has anyone got things
>> working on that / are there any pitfalls to be avoided?
>
> What is that based on?

It stands for Community Enterprise OS, and it's based on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux - it's a free (money) build from the freely-distributed
sources of RHEL, but it has had all the RH branding removed. It's
supposed to be binary-compatible, though, so perhaps the question is,
has anyone got things working on RHEL 4.2?

Cheers,

John.