[Openchrome-users] Re: Modular X.org and the Unichrome forks.

tony tony
Thu Dec 22 17:51:50 PST 2005

Le jeudi 22 d?cembre 2005 ? 07:06 -0800, Donnie Berkholz a ?crit :

> Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
> | I can't see why it should be necessary or even beneficial to remove the
> | driver from head. Who would really benefit from it and why?
>
> Having a "third driver" that's sort of maintained but not really, by two
> different groups with conflicting views on where the driver should go,
> sounds like a bad idea to me.

What third driver? The driver in the X.org tree _is_ the openchrome
driver. Alan Cox suggested the right thing. Cut of VIA users from
hardware MPEG acceleration in the new distros and all hell will break
loose. I think that this is the only goal of that Verhaegen shit stirrer
- he hates VIA and has no respect for end users. He knows where he can
put his squeaky clean useless driver code...

0.02?

Tony
--
Tony Grant