[Openchrome-users] Could not lock DMA pages

Thomas Hellström unichrome
Fri Dec 23 06:31:14 PST 2005

MagicITX wrote:

> I know this isn't a unichrome error but thought someone here might be
> able to help.  I installed unichrome, libxvmc and drm from the
> unichrome-20051116 snapshot.  I installed VLC (Videolan Client)
> 0.8.1_r1 using Gentoo's emerge.  When I run vlc it get a string of
> these in the log:
>
> [drm:via_build_sg_info] *ERROR* Could not lock DMA pages.
>
> On the display is a green block.  Any ideas?

We've had similar error reports before, but I've been unable to
reproduce it.
Basically it is the drm being handed memory that does not belong to the
user.

What hardware is this?
What does the Xorg.0.log say? (Compressed, please)
Does Xine -V xv work with the same stream.
Does mplayer work with the same stream?

/Thomas