[Openchrome-users] Rotating the X...

Thomas Hellström unichrome
Mon Dec 26 17:57:52 PST 2005

Hi!

userforum at openchrome.org wrote:

>Rotating the X...
>Hello people!
>
>I have got a question about the openchrome via driver. Does it support rotating the X with xv acceleration? I mean, we are trying to use a panoramic screen in vertical position (600x800 for example) but when we play a video with "mplayer -vo xv" it doesn't fit the windows and the video itself it is not rotated (since other elements of the screen,like desktop, are). So, we have tried to rotate the video manually with "mplayer -vf rotate=" but, although it got rotated, it doesn't fit the windows again.
>
>If it is not supported at all, we could add it but we would need some directions... Any suggestion?!

Sorry for this late answer.
The openChrome driver does not support rotated Xv at the moment, and as
far as I know, there is no hardware support for rotation in the
unichrome Chips. But the Unichrome Pro group A chips have  hardware
support for this, and it might be supported in the openChrome driver in
the long term future.

Unfortunately I've looked very little into how the X screen rotation
works, so ATM I'm unable to help you to find the best way to solve your
problem. Yo don't mention what type of hardware you have, but perhaps it
is fast enough to use the Xshm video option instead of Xv?

Regards,
Thomas