[Openchrome-users] Fedora packages update

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Fri Dec 30 23:30:01 PST 2005

Hi all,

I didn't post news on the status of Fedora packages for sometime, so
here it goes.

The FC3 repo now also contains x86_64 xorg packages, courtesy of Phillip
Prindeville. Current version is 6.8.99.904, aka 6.9 rc4.

FC4 repo is still i386 only, same version.

There is also a new set of FC3 rpms with xorg 6.9 final and openchrome
svn, instead of regular xorg driver. This has not been tested yet, but I
thought I'll share the work anyway. There's no x86_64 version, but I'm
pretty confident Phillip will catch up soon.
It also contains a current ffmpeg snapshot and xine-lib-1.1.1 build
against it. They are not available in the regular repo but in another
one, until I get some time to give them proper testing (that is, at
least run them once ;-)) :
http://washington.kelkoo.net/epia/testing/FC3/RPMS/

Equivalent packages for FC4 will follow, probably next week.

I'll try to take a look at providing FC5test1 modular openchrome
packages, hopefully before the end of January, in order to be ready for
FC5 final.

I wish you all an Happy New Year. See you on the other side ;-)