[Openchrome-users] Re: ...

tony tony
Mon Nov 14 10:50:00 PST 2005

Le lundi 14 novembre 2005 ? 08:32 +0000, Ivor Hewitt a ?crit :
> Gaaah.
> Why do people use binary distributions? damnit.

Because we aren't all C programmers?

> So I've got the driver working in ubuntu... glxgears gives about 700fps... Xv
> works fine on the unichrome-pro.... and Exa is dog slow:) but I just can't
> get Xvmc to play ball.
> :(
>
> even though ubuntu claims to ship with libxvmc1.1.xx (as a completely separate
> package to X... Xv is also a separate package! do all distros do this sort of
> crazyness???) it doesn't have xf86XvMCRegisterDRInfo.

No ubuntu is "special" you don't even get ssh on a new installation,
this has just cost me an hour of wasted time...

Fedora Core 4 rpms are trying to load DRI twice which is pretty cool
too!

Cheers

Tony
--