[Openchrome-users] xxmc working...

Thomas Hellström unichrome
Tue Nov 15 19:07:16 PST 2005

>  rebuilt the 2.7.2 drm module against the latest 1637_FC4 kernel and
> xine is back down to 10-17%, X is running at between 1.3 and 6% CPU.
> Something was wrong in my previous two kernels???
>
> Tony

Perhaps?
That CPU-usage of yours was really strange. Never seen anything like it.
Anyway, I'm not sure what newer Xine-ui's do to X, but the xxmc output
plugin should never call X unless you start messing with the output window
=> hence X cpu usage caused by Xine should be zero. And it was up to and
including xine-ui 0.9.2.

/Thomas