[Openchrome-users] White screen

userforum@openchrome.org userforum
Sun Nov 20 19:19:42 PST 2005

White screen
Hi,

I'm on an Averatec 3715-EH1 laptop with a VIA S3G Unichrome Pro IGP (I think it's K8N800), running Kubuntu Breezy.  I downloaded and installed both Unbuntu packages.  When I start X, however, the screen just fades up from black to an extremely bright white.  I didn't find any instructions on what I should do to xorg.conf once I installed the packages, you might want to include a walkthrough for newbies like me.  Here's the pertinent section of my xorg.conf, with my best guesses:

Section "Device"
       Identifier      "VIA"
       Driver          "via"

EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Generic Monitor"
        Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "VIA"

I only changed the three lines that say VIA, but is there anything else I should do after I install the packages?

Thanks,

--C