[Openchrome-users] Forum replys

Thomas Hellström unichrome
Mon Nov 21 14:20:42 PST 2005

Hi!

Ivor Hewitt wrote:

>Hmmm, the forum/mailing list integration is interesting... and a nice idea...
>however, replies from the forum arrive on the mailing list with no
>
>So you lose all context for the threads.
>
>Does the forum somehow retain threading if I reply to one of these messages?
>or does it create a new top level topic?

I think the forum checks the subject and maintains one thread. I've got
procmail to remove the [Openchrome-users] part of the subject. But I
agree the setup is not optimal. Maybe one should only mirror the mailing
list on the forum? Or cut down the interoperability altogether.

Also we will have to find a way for people to post their logs. The mail
/ forum variant is far from desirable. Perhaps in the file gallery?

/Thomas