[Openchrome-users] X Server Broken?!?

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Fri Nov 25 11:46:53 PST 2005

Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> On Friday 25 November 2005 10:24, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>
>>Make sure via and drm modules are loaded _before_ the xserver starts
>>(eg. by inserting them from your rc.local).
>>

> They should get loaded automatically when the xserver starts.

They should and actually they are, but too late as you can see in the
log. the first tries are failing but the last is ok.

drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device or address)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device or address)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device or address)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device or address)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID PCI:1:0:0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 7, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 7
drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:01:00.0

I found that a long time ago and workarounded that in my rc.local. But
I've a strange feeling it must have been working before, and obviously
don't remember what changed at the same time this behaviour appeared.

Any suggestion ?

X.