[Openchrome-users] Howto compile on modular xorg

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton
Sun Nov 27 20:46:51 PST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 02:28 +0100, userforum at openchrome.org wrote:
> Howto compile on modular xorg
> Hello,
>
> can anyone give me hints what I have to do when I want to compile openchrome using modular xorg. The howto within the package does not work. I've found the thread  'modular X build' in this forum. Are the patches descriped there what I need? Where can I download this patches?
>
> Thanks

Here is a test tarball for a modular Xorg install,
http://www.hekanetworks.com/opensource/xf-video-openchrome.tgz .  It
should detect dri, xv, and exa automatically and enable their build
flags.  The best way to build is ./configure --prefix=/usr
--disable-static ; make ; make install-strip

I built and tested this on Fedora Rawhide, so update me with any
variations from distro to distro.  After a few people try it and give
feedback I will submit this to bugzilla.

-Jon