[Openchrome-users] Howto compile on modular xorg

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton
Sun Nov 27 23:55:54 PST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 23:05 +0100, userforum at openchrome.org wrote:
> Re: Howto compile on modular xorg
>
> Hello,
>
> I compiled your test tarball with your instructions without problems on gentoo, kernel 2.6.14. The Xorg.0.log reports some different messages compared to my previous installation, but all seems ok. But glxinfo reports no direct rendering and glxgear is very slow. This was also the case in my previous installation. Have I missed here some steps? I've mesa 6.4 installed.
>
> Thanks

In the directory where you ran ./configure from can you check the
config.h file?  It should have a section that looks like this if the dri
devel libraries are picked up.

/* Enable DRI driver support */
#define XF86DRI 1
/* Enable developmental DRI driver support */
#define XF86DRI_DEVEL 1

If not if you could send me your config.log I will take a look.

Thanks for testing it out.

-Jon