[Openchrome-users] problem with resume after suspend to ram with epia SP8000

druyts pascal pascal_druyts
Mon Nov 28 16:30:32 PST 2005

I tried suspend to ram (S3) on the epia SP8000 with the openchrome driver
(last svn version). When resuming, the graphic output is not restored
correctly, it shows no image but only vertical color lines. Is this a bug or
does the openchrome driver not support acpi suspend and resume?

I also tested the via driver. With that driver, suspend and resume is
working correctly. I am using the SP8000 as a frontend for MythTV and the
suspend/resume is very convenient. While suspended, the box remains cool and
it takes less than one second to be up and runing again --- to be compared
to more than 1 minute for the full boot procedure.  With Mythtv, the only
problem is that  after a suspend/resume, it is as if the remote was plugged
out and in again. Therfore, lircd crashes and the remote does not work
anymore after resume. As a workaround, I restared the lircd and the frontend
after resuming. A better workaround I am working on is to use an 'lircd
proxy' that reads from a fifo and writes to the socket /dev/lircd. I then
start lircd to write on /dev/lircd1 and irw /dev/lircd1 > fifo_file to feed
the fifo with the output of the remote. Doing so, after a suspend, only
lircd has to be restarted and mythfrontend continues to work with the
remote. If someone is interested, I can post the lircd_proxy and the
corresponding scripts.

Is it planned to support acpi in the openchrome driver or is it already
supported and did I miss something?

Thank,

Pascal