[Openchrome-users] mythtv freeze

Rod Emerson rod
Sun Apr 16 21:48:48 PDT 2006

Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> On Friday 14 April 2006 08:41, Simon Kagstrom wrote:
>
>>At Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:40:22 +0200,
>>
>>Pavol Droba wrote:
>>
>>>I have VIA EPIA SP13000 system runnig epios (gentoo based distro for
>>>via boards) with latest updates. This means mythtv 0.19 and
>>>openchrome driver (snapshot from 2006-03-06).
>>
>>Same hardware with Debian Etch/Testing, also mythtv 0.19.
>>

> First thing to try:- try increasing the timeout count in
> viaWaitVideoCommandFire in via_swov.c.

I increased the count from 25000 to 50000, I still had X
lockup during ff/rew while editing.

Then increased to 75000, no lockups but ff/rew became
sluggish after while, X was ~98% cpu, a few more ff/rew
and X locked up again.

Then with the count still at 75000, I rebooted and
'strace -p `pidof X`', a bunch more editing and no problems
yet.

I also used 'strace -p `pidof X`' as a clunky workaround for
X lockups with MythTV 0.18, but X would lockup all the time
for me back then (and never while strace was running).