[Openchrome-users] only NTSC modes in VT1626 TV-out modes? -> need PAL

Tim Dodge timmy
Sat Aug 5 05:16:08 PDT 2006

Roy Thompson wrote:
>> Here are the 720x576 Underscan, Full and Overscan modes from the via
>> framebuffer code for 576P.
>>
>> They work fine via component out on my Commell mobo.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tim
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> I've tried this out and they don't work for me.
> I get "mode not supported by tv encoder" or somesuch.
> I tried changing my TVType in xorg.conf to 576P but they I just
> got a blank display.
>
> What is the difference between 576P and PAL?

Nothing, apart from it being progressive instead of interlaced.

Those modes are the same as yours, with the TV_OUT_YPBPR and
VT1625_P720x576_SDTV_RGB_Vx register settings applied as well.

What output method are you using?

Tim