[Openchrome-users] (driver bug) Xv/XvMC picture adjustments w/OpenChrome

Thomas Hellström thomas
Fri Aug 25 11:22:25 PDT 2006

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

>A little update. I had T?rbjorn try removing the "XV_SWOV" adjustment.
>The first interesting thing is this affected both XVideo and XvMC, so
>they are both using the same adaptor. You guys probably already knew
>this. The second interesting thing:
>

>>Analog recordings looks almost black and while when hue is at 0%
>>Changing hue to 50% makes the picture look as before, something
>>that looks like red and blue is swaped and OSD looks OK.
>>

>>Dvb recordings at 0% hue also looks different, almost as if there
>>is less color or something. At 50% hue the picture looks good.
>>

>His DVB recordings are MPEG-2 and are displayed using XvMC, and his
>Analog recordings use MPEG-4 and are displayed using XVideo.
>
>Anyway, it sounds like in XvMC the driver's hue adjustment is
>controlling the hardware's saturation control. So this is a
>driver bug. He is using the driver that ships with Fedora Core 5,
>so this may be fixed in SVN...
>
>Perhaps the driver's saturation control is controlling the hue?

This sounds strange.
XvMC is just forwarding the attributes to the corresponding Xv adaptor
on a per-context basis, so Xv and XvMC should be using the same hue
controls.

Does he have the same problems using Xine?

/Thomas