[Openchrome-users] K8M890 testing needed!!!

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton
Mon Dec 4 06:13:27 PST 2006

Thanks to the help of many people especially, Gabriel Mansi, we have a
mostly working openchrome branch for this chipset.  The code still needs
to be tested and bug reports need to be filed.  This is where you can
help because I don't own this hardware.

Here is a list of what does and doesn't work.

1)  3d acceleration does not work.  To run a 3d application you will
need to force it to run in Indirect mode.
2)  With the patch from Xavier drm seems to start fine.  XVideo
acceleration also appears to work, but needs testing.
3)  VT Switching is working
4)  HWCursor may or may not work.

If you try out this driver please reply to this message with details of
the machine you are running it on.

Thanks

Jon