[Openchrome-users] Another try with xgamma (was: xgamma enabled)

Gonzalo A. de la Vega gadelavega
Fri Dec 8 15:48:20 PST 2006

I rewrote the code, adapted from both VIA's and Luc's code. The code is now
called from the VIALoadPalette() function, which is invoked by
xf86HandleColormap(). Here's the question: the colormap handler is being
called with 6 RGB significative bits. This makes the display look dim, 7
bits is ok with my laptop's LCD (this is what I'm using), and 8 bits looks
good on CRT (this is what Luc uses). So most displays may look somewhat
dark.

Again, works fine on K8M800 24 and 16bpp.

Gonzalo