[Openchrome-users] X ptocol problem with Openchrome driver?

Jörgen Andreasen jorgen
Sat Dec 9 12:06:15 PST 2006

Hello again!

First some specs:

Distro:      Ubuntu 6.06 LTSP
HW:          EPIA EN12000 + DVI card
Openchrome:  From Subversion repository. Checked out on 11 November.

Typical Xclients not using the window manager's decoration or running in
fullscreen mode will sometimes crash with "X bug", Typical:

The program 'gkrellm' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length erro'.
  (Details: serial 10983030 error_code 16 request_code 62 minor_code 0)

Gkrellm is run on the XDM host, which is a Fedora Core 5 Xen machine.
Programs that have experience problems are:

Program            Execution   Comment

Gkrellm            remote      It won't survive 24 hours. :( Especially
                               if the host monitored is a remote one.
Opera              remote      Situation seems more stable. Crashes are
                               rare but do happen.
Firefox            remote      I don't use this program often but it has
                               crashed.
Xmms               locally     Not that much tested.
TightVnc           remote      Selldom used.
Mplayer            locally     Selldom used. XvMC seems more problematic
                               than "pure" Xv. 1.0rc1 behaves better
                               than 1.0pre8, but then there's no XvMC
                               due to no XvMC pacth is available/not
                               working. :(

I wondering if it may be the Xen networking code that's introducing
these problems but the thing is that I've run the similar setup but with
a EPIA V for over 6 months and never experienced the same problems.

So what do you think?

/J?rgen