[Openchrome-users] PM800 information needed

Thomas Hellström thomas
Wed Dec 13 11:00:18 PST 2006

Jon Nettleton wrote:

>On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 16:27 +0100, Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
>

>>Jon Nettleton wrote:
>>

>>>We are working on debugging XV on the K8M890 chipset, which is very
>>>similar to PM800 chipset.  I am looking to find out if there are PM800
>>>owners out there running XV successfully using the latest  svn repo.
>>>
>>>Any info would be helpful.
>>>
>>>Jon

>>>Main page:
>>>http://www.openchrome.org
>>>Wiki:
>>>http://wiki.openchrome.org
>>>User Forum:
>>>http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum.php?forumId=1
>>>

>>Jon,
>>The PM800 is identical to the CN400 and these are the only one's having
>>a special version of the video engine.
>>My first guess would be to assume that the K8M890 has a video engine
>>identical to the other unichrome pros. (Unichrome pro group B)
>>
>>/Thomas
>>

>Unfortunately that appears to not be the case.  According to VIA's
>opensource driver it appears the VT3336 is more like the VT3259 and
>share's an overlay codebase.  Not making any special cases for the
>VT3336 in the openchrome driver causes a hard-lock when using XV.  Using
>the proOffset in some places we have stopped the hard lockup, but are
>unable to get video displayed.
>
>Jon

Oh, allright. I wonder why the CN700 and friends got the other engine.

Nice, though that they keep on using the newer one. It has a lot of nice
stuff in it
which would be nice to support someday.

/Thomas