[Openchrome-users] 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. Unknown device 3230 (rev 01) - I want to help

Danilo Martins danilo
Fri Dec 15 05:58:07 PST 2006

Hello, my friends

I recently bought an ASUS mobo with this gpu, and its support was
terrible (VESA and all, with sloooooooooow scrolling - I guess you all
know about this). I switched to an off-board card, but since we bought 6
of these mobos, we put them on the shelf until we could use them here at
work.

Yesterday, I submitted a search on google, and found out about this
list, where I saw the support was being developed. I followed the
directions on a mail, downloaded and compiled the module, installed it,
and I'm using it right now (I unplugged the nvidia card, and right now
I'm using the on-board card). I'm not a programmer, but I'm willing to
help testing this card.

What can I do to help, apart from using it? I have some hours a day I
can use testing this card, but I need directions. I'm an average linux
user, so I can do most of the common things quite easily, like using
svn, compiling, applying patches, etc.

Danilo Martins
danmartins